Adjustable bed bases have been used in the medical industry for decades, but exciting advancements are making it possible to enjoy the benefits of an adjustable base from home. If you’re wondering whether an adjustable base is the right investment for you, we’re here to explain the benefits of sleeping elevated.
Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base:
Adjustable bed bases can provide additional comfort while you sleep, but they come with other great benefits you might not realize. For example, if you suffer from a common health condition (e.g. allergies, acid reflux, or back pain), and your symptoms keep you awake at night, sleeping on an adjustable base can help ease those symptoms for a better night’s rest. Check out these everyday health complaints that can be significantly improved with the help of an adjustable bed base.
· Back pain: Adjustable bed bases provide customizable back support while aligning your spine. This relieves nerve and joint pressure in the back, neck, and head.
· Blood circulation: Find the angle that works best for you to improve circulation and promote healing. With head and foot adjustability, you can target problematic areas or joints for optimal comfort.
· Apnea and snoring: Proper alignment can open airways to discourage obstructive apnea and snoring—and dramatically improve your quality of sleep (as well as your partner’s).
· Acid reflux and digestion: Inclining the angle of your head by just 6 inches can ensure your stomach acid stays in its proper place. This also relieves throat stress and improves digestion.
· Swelling: Elevating the legs can help reduce swelling in the lower limbs caused by an injury or just a long day on your feet. It’s also recommended for those who suffer from varicose veins.
· Asthma and allergies: Sleeping on a flat back can create oxygen restriction. But sleeping at an incline may open airways and help relieve asthma symptoms. It’s a great option for stuffy noses and allergies as well.
· Muscle pain: The massage feature found in many top adjustable bed base models helps to stimulate aching muscles and relieve painful knots by promoting circulation.