10 New Year’s Resolutions for your Home…
The New Year has arrived and we all have resolutions that we want to achieve to make 2018 the best year possible. Here are some resolutions for 2018 that will make your home a better place to live in 2018!
- Cut energy use: start with your HVAC ductwork. Ducts are notorious energy-wasters, leaking your heating and cooling air through holes and connections.
- Purify indoor air: upgrade and replace your air filters.
- Budget for improvements: set aside money for home improvements you want to accomplish this new year.
- De-clutter: clean out closets and cabinets and make trips to Good Will and St. Vincent’s.
- Support your community: shop local retailers for all your household goods and home furnishings.
- Curb home water use.
- Share home improvement projects with family and friends. Uncle Butch helps to trims tree limbs at your place; you help Uncle Butch paint his family room.
- Exercise your DYI skills: try painting that quest room you are remodeling yourself.
- Use maintenance free material: make your future less stressful by using maintenance free products when you do home improvements.
- Get all the clutter off the dining room table and have some dinner parties this year. Entertaining is good for the soul.