Grateful Hearts Gather Here…
10 Tips for making your Thanksgiving a Success for you and your guests:
- Never turn down help. Potluck and pitch in on serving and cleaning up. Delegate! Just because you are hosting doesn’t mean you have to do everything.
- Make as much as you can ahead of time.
- Don’t experiment with new recipes.
- Start early on your non-food prep. Set the table the day before. Lay out all your serving pieces.
- Have cocktails or wine chilled and ready to go. If everyone has a drink in their hand, they won’t care if dinner is served an hour later than planned.
- Don’t make a big deal over appetizers. Everyone is saving room for the big meal. So stick with easy and lite appetizers.
- It’s fine to buy parts of the meal. Know a great bakery? Rolls and desserts don’t need to be made from scratch.
- Make a time line and master list of each thing that needs to happen. Count backwards from the time you want to serve dinner and write down the time each item has to go in and come out of the oven.
- Take care of yourself. Leave a window between cooking to shower and dress.
- Relax, have fun and live in the spirit of the holiday. Ask for help, laugh a lot, find moments of gratitude in a busy, messy, loud and delicious holiday. People will remember the laughs and the hugs and the stories much more than they'll remember the meal.